LG has just announced that it sold over 2 million Optimus One Android smartphones worldwide – less than one month after announcing it shipped 1 million units around the globe.
Starting early next year, AT&T will have its own Optimus One, too – and it may call it LG Optimus A. Customers should expect it to cost less than $50 on contract.
I’m sure LG’s chiefs are smiling right now seeing how popular the Optimus One is – just like the lovely Kelly Brook is smiling (ok, maybe not that nice):
The Optimus One range currently runs Android 2.2 Froyo and it will be updated to Android 2.3 Gingerbread at some point.
LG expects to sell 10 million Optimus Ones in total – and it will probably do it.
Via Press release (in Korean)
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG chooses Kelly Brook as Optimus One ambassador in the UK
- LG sells more than 1 million Optimus One Android smartphones
- LG has already sold 4 million Optimus LTE smartphones
- LG sold 10 million Optimus L-Series Android phones (L9, L7, L5, L3)
- Optimus Black and 2X to help LG ship 30 million smartphones this year