Although LG has still not announced the Star P990, the smartphone has been previewed this week-end – and it looks like it will be one of the best Android devices of next year.
According to Engadget, the LG Star feels like the HTC Droid Incredible when held in hand – it’s bigger, though, since it has a 4 inch WVGA display. Interestingly, the new handset’s display seems to be way better than a standard LCD one (although it’s not AMOLED).
At the moment, the Star is running Android 2.2 Froyo, but I’m pretty sure it will get Gingerbread ahead of launch.
The smartphone (with its Nvidia’s Tegra 2 dual-core chip) was benchmarked again against other Android handsets – Nexus One, Moto Droid X, HTC Evo, Samsung Galaxy S – and the results are nothing short of impressive. Check out the two videos below:
LG will probably release the Star in South Korea first. The smartphone might be officially announced at CES 2011 – thus in less than one month from now (January 6 – 9).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG P990 Star appears again, bests other Android phones in benchmark test
- Rumor: Verizon’s Motorola “Droid T2″ to be the world’s first Android Gingerbread phone
- Nvidia Tegra-based smartphone coming in Q4 2009?
- Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus to be released on April 22, LG Viper on April 15?
- Google Nexus 10 gets benchmarked, 2,560×1,600 screen confirmed, Exynos 5 processor in tow too