Ok, we already know that Apple’s iPad 2 should be thinner than the current iPad, although it would keep the 9.7 inch screen. But what about that other new and smaller iPad that we first heard about back in August?
Well, more sources seem to confirm its existence – despite the fact that Steve Jobs himself said an iPad with a smaller screen would be “too small to express the software.”
According to Reuters, the new and smaller iPad should have two cameras and, like the new 9.7 inch iPad, it could ship “early next year.”
One of Reuters’ sources claims that there we will see a “significantly smaller iPad that is almost half the size of the current model.” Could it be that Apple’s planning a 5-6 inch tablet that would directly compete with Dell’s Streak?
I don’t think an iPad with a screen smaller than 7 inches would make sense, but, well, Steve Jobs may think different. Plus, tablets are becoming a trend, so who knows what might happen next year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple orders 7.85″ iPad Mini display samples from LG Display and AU Optronics
- iPad Mini mass production set to start in September, announcement may come by October
- More Apple Rumors: 6-inch iPad This Fall?
- The iPad Mini Will Change Apple’s DNA Forever
- Google’s second generation Nexus 7 (16GB) may cost $229