That’s great news for Dell Streak owners who have been stuck on Android 1.6 or Android 2.1. It’s also better news than those who bought their Streak from AT&T in the USA have recently received, as their Streaks will only get the update next year.
There are no more details as of now, but we’ll let you know when the update is ready to download. And anyway, the update should be of the over-the-air variety, which means that your Streak will prompt you that there’s an update available. So keep an eye on your tablet, even more so than before today.
Froyo, of course, will add a number of new features to the Streak, such as updating Market apps en masse, Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities (if O2 don’t block that), and Google Navigation for turn-by-turn directions.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 update now available
- Dell Streak 7 will receive Android Honeycomb upgrade
- Dell Streak available tomorrow at O2 UK, coming to the US in July
- Dell Streak Android 2.2 Froyo update has started rolling out
- Dell Streak 10 Pro to be launched in China this week?