Just in case you were wondering what’s trending this year on Twitter, the official Twitter Blog has the answers you’re looking for.
Apart from unveiling that 25 billion Tweets were sent this year, Twitter has also published a Top 10 Twitter Trends of 2010 – which includes a wireless device and a mobile operating system: Apple’s iPad and Google’s Android, respectively.
The iPad is on the sixth place, while Android is on the seventh. I was expecting Android to trend higher than the iPad, but anyway.
Here’s the full Top 10 Twitter Trends for 2010:
- Gulf Oil Spill
- FIFA World Cup
- Inception (if you’ve seen this movie you should also check out South Park’s parody called Insheeption)
- Haiti Earthquake
- Apple iPad
- Google Android
- Justin Bieber
- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows
- Pulpo Paul
I wonder if the iPad and Android will still be in Top 10 next year – probably yes.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson launches 2010 FIFA World Cup Extra Man campaign
- It’s official: iPad 3 announcement comes on March 7
- WiBro iPad to be launched in Korea
- Samsung’s Galaxy Tab Android tablet looks like Galaxy S on steroids
- Angry Birds Rio: 10 million downloads in 10 days (iOS, Android)