The reason for the delay?
According to Reuters, a Nokia spokesperson has declared the following:
“To ensure the best possible user experience on the E7 we have decided to begin shipping it in early 2011.”
Ok, Nokia, it’s quite nice that you’re concerned about the user experience quality, but shouldn’t you have ensured it’s the best possible one until now? The E7 was announced three months ago, what exactly have you been doing all this time? Oh, right, you were busy announcing unnecessary Symbian^1 handsets.
The E7 is Nokia’s second Symbian^3 smartphone that’s being delayed, after the N8.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia X7 pre-orders start in the UK, shipping before the end of June
- Nokia to seriously improve Symbian next year, cut 800 jobs in Finland
- Nokia posts Q2 2010 results. Sales are up, but profits are down 42% YoY
- Nokia N8, C7 and C6-01 Symbian smartphones get a software update
- Nokia N8 officially delayed until October