Since Verizon is (probably) the US carrier with the highest number of Android smartphones sold until now, lots of its customers are wondering when or if their handsets will be updated to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Well, there’s still no exact word on the Verizon Android handsets that will be updated, but Droid-life has it that the carrier is currently “assessing which will get Gingerbread within the coming months.”
So it looks like it won’t be too long until some of the carrier’s Android devices get to taste the new version of the OS.
It’s quite possible that all Droid-branded smartphones will get Gingerbread: Motorola Droid X, Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid 2 Global, Motorola Droid Pro, Motorola Droid (the original model), and the HTC Droid Incredible. The Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate and the Samsung Continuum are likely going to be updated as well.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon posts Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates list. HTC, Motorola, Samsung and LG devices included
- Verizon’s HTC Rezound, Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx to get Android 4.0 ICS updates next week?
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way again
- Verizon announces the Samsung Continuum, launches Motorola Droid 2 Global Edition
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 4, Razr, Razr Maxx, and HTC Rezound will get global capabilities in upcoming software update