The PlayStation App will allow users to check out their PlayStation Network trophies, stay up to date with their friends’ games, find the latest games (for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 or PSP), and share news and links via email, Facebook and Twitter.
For the beginning, the application will be available in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and The Netherlands. Sony didn’t say when exactly the app would be launched, but it should happen in the next few months.
The PlayStation App version 1.0 will be free, requiring at least iOS 4.0 or Android 1.6. Future versions “will support most SCEE countries and languages.”
Via PlayStation Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia N9 won’t be available in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and many other countries
- Paid Android apps confirmed for this month
- Sony tablets and smartphones discounted in Europe. Jelly Bean updates for Xperia P and Xperia Go coming really soon
- Google Maps Navigation now available to Android users in Europe
- Palm Pre shows up on European websites