Canada: Telus’ Samsung Fascinate, Virgin’s and SaskTel’s Galaxy S Vibrant got updated to Android 2.2
The international versions of Samsung’s Galaxy S line have already, for the most part, received updates to Android 2.2 Froyo. So it was clearly only a matter of time before their brethren made specially for North America would get the same treatment.
Up until today, it looked like Sprint’s Samsung Epic 4G would be the first of the North American Galaxy S devices to get a taste of Froyo, as according to leaked documents that update is going to start this Sunday.
However, Samsung Canada one-upped Sprint by making Froyo updates available today for the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate sold by Telus, and the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant sold by both Virgin Mobile and SaskTel.
As a matter of fact, the updates are already waiting for you over on Samsung’s special site. The update will be carried out using Samsung’s desktop software, Kies, and is not going to come over-the-air.
So basically you have to go to that site, get the download that’s made for your specific phone, install… and finally play with Froyo on your device, now that the world (or at least Google) has moved on to Gingerbread.
Sad is the life of the Android enthusiast.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile UK: Android 2.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S may arrive today
- T-Mobile UK’s Android 2.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S delayed, coming next week
- Samsung Galaxy S II has already received two software updates
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II ICS update seemingly delayed until tomorrow, Kies may be to blame
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.2 Froyo update now available