The keyboardless version of the Dell Venue Pro, the Dell Venue, has been officially launched in Korea last week. Back then, there was no information on when it will become available elsewhere, but that has changed today.
Perhaps rather confusingly, unlike the Venue Pro, the Dell Venue doesn’t run Windows Phone 7, but Android 2.2 Froyo. It has a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, a 4.1-inch Gorilla Glass AMOLED touchscreen with a resolution of 800×480, an 8-megapixel camera with auto-focus and a LED flash, 1 GB of ROM, 512 MB of RAM, 1400 mAh battery, microSD card support, Bluetooth 2.3, Wi-Fi, AGPS.
The Dell Venue has become available in Hong Kong today and it goes for HK$ 3,999 (that’s approximately US$514 – so quite a bit less than in Korea). It will presumably start to become available in other markets soon. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android-based Dell Venue launching in India next month?
- Dell Venue Android-based smartphone now available in the US, unlocked, for both AT&T and T-Mobile
- Unlocked Dell Venue with Android 2.2 coming soon to the US
- Dell Venue with Android Froyo gets official in Korea
- Dell Venue Pro with WP7 to arrive in the UK next month for £499.99