The Samsung Galaxy S – sold in almost 10 million units until now – isn’t Samsung’s only touchscreen phone that can be considered a hit. In fact, the Samsung Star S5230 is way more successful, as it’s been sold in over 30 million units until now. Of course, the Star is cheaper than the Galaxy S, and it’s also available since over a year ago (May 2009).
According to Samsung, the Star reached the 30 million milestone faster than any other of the company’s devices.
15 million Star phones have been sold in Europe only, while 5 million units have been bought by customers in Latin America.
The Star – a feature phone with TouchWiz UI – has various names around the world, including Samsung Tocco Lite, Samsung Player One, and Samsung Avila.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Preston and Samsung Star – new names for the S5600 and S5230
- Samsung sold 10 million Star S5230 phones
- 5 million Star S5230 phones already sold by Samsung
- 10 million LG Cookie phones sold
- Samsung Star II headed to Orange UK as Samsung Tocco Icon