Not to be outdone by its de facto sucessor (even though they’re still both selling), the Desire HD, which has recently received a new software update that made people hopeful for Gingerbread, the HTC Desire has received a new system update.
And, again, this isn’t Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Not yet, perhaps.
The update is in fact rather minor, and up until now there isn’t any publicly available changelog to speak of. Once updated, your Desire will be on version 2.29.405.5. The update has started rolling out over-the-air, and as usual with such updates, it may be a while before it reaches your particular device.
Be advised that some people have been reporting issues with updating to this version on phones that had been ‘debranded’ in any way. So if you have done some extensive tinkering with your Desire in the past, it may be best to hold off until your favorite mobile-related forum’s developers give the go ahead.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will hit Three UK in mid-May
- O2 UK releases, then pulls Froyo update for HTC Desire
- Orange UK HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Gingerbread update may be already rolling out
- UK: HTC Desire HD and Incredible S will get Android 2.3 Gingerbread starting on May 16
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 Android 2.2.1 update now rolling out