With Opera Mobile and Opera Mini being among the world’s most popular mobile browsers, it’s no wonder that Opera has now announced a touch browser that’s especially developed for tablets – because, as the company puts it, “in 2011, tablets are a new must-have.”
The first public preview of Opera for tablets will be officially unveiled at CES 2011 (probably this Thursday).
Before that to happen, Opera has uploaded a video sneak-peek at the new touch browser, which should bring “smooth panning and smooth zooming” to your tablet. The video shows the browser running on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, which might mean it will be initially launched only for Android tablets.
Opera didn’t say when its new browser will be available for download – it could happen shortly after CES.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Opera Mobile 9.5 Video Demo
- Opera Announces and Shows Off New Browsers at CTIA 2011 (Video)
- Huawei to preinstall Opera Mobile 10 on its phones for China
- KZ-Opera 4.0 mobile browser launched in China
- Virgin Mobile USA to offer Opera Mini on select phones