LG has announced and then re-announced the Optimus Chic Android smartphone at the same time as the Optimus One, but for one reason or another, the latter has been launched in dozens of markets worldwide, while the former has only made it to Europe and South Korea thus far.
That’s about to change, as the Optimus Chic will be available in Canada soon. Bell will exclusively sell it starting on January 14, according to an internal memo obtained by BGR. Bell refers to the Chic as its “first entry-level Android smartphone”.
The LG Optimus Chic has a 3.2-inch touchscreen, 5 megapixel camera, HSPA+ support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, DLNA support, and a microSD card slot (a 2 GB card will be included in the sales package). The Optimus Chic runs Android 2.2 Froyo.
The price for the Optimus Chic will be $249.95 without a contract, which is a very compelling offer if we look at the device’s specs.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Bell will bring the Nokia C6-01 to Canada. LG Optimus Chic already out (free on contract)
- LG Optimus Chic E720 now available in Europe, will debut in South Korea next week
- UK: LG Optimus One now on Orange, white BlackBerry Bold 9780 on Vodafone
- T-Mobile announces the LG Optimus T, an affordable Android smartphone
- LG Optimus T will be available from T-Mobile starting November 3 for $30