HP will host a WebOS-related event on February 9. The event banner, as received by LaptopMag, has the following written on it: “Think big. Think small. Think beyond.”.
First of all, this ensures that there will be no HP, Palm or WebOS-related news to come out of CES, contrary to past speculation.
Second, the ‘big’ and ‘small’ references may of course mean that we should expect both the launch of a tablet (or many), and the launch of a smartphone (again, or many).
The name of the first WebOS-powered tablet will be HP PalmPad, that much has already been confirmed. It was supposed to be out early this year, and February does seem to be early enough. Also, HP has confirmed that new WebOS-powered phones would be coming, again, early this year.
So it looks like HP will be keeping its promises, now let’s just hope the products it will introduce will not disappoint.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HP confirms Palm WebOS phones for early next year (CES 2011 launch?)
- HP PalmPad confirmed, will be out early next year and run WebOS
- HP webOS tablet will come next year
- HP kills Android Slate, relies only on WebOS for tablets?
- HP to launch PalmPad during CES in January?