The existence of the Ideos X5 by Huawei has been known for quite some time, but here at CES we were given the opportunity to get some real hands-on time with the device and learn about what’s under the hood. So let’s hop to it!
Specs of the Huawei Ideos X5 include:
- Android 2.2, upgradeable to 2.3
- Flash 10.1 (all content, such as videos and games)
- 720p HD video support
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- 4 GB ROM
- MicroSD support up to 32 GB
- Camera: 5 MP with LED flash
- Swype keyboard inclusion
- FM radio
- 3.8″ TFT 800×480 display (capacitive)
- 1500 mAh battery
- UMTS 900/2100/AWS
- Qualcomm processor 7230, 800 MHz
- 512 MB RAM
There are no details on pricing as of this moment, but will be available “before mid-2011″. Certainly with AWS, we assume T-Mobile will be the primary carrier in the US. But there are plans for the handset to launch worldwide.
Below is a full gallery of pics of the Ideos X5.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ideos X6 passes through the FCC on its way to T-Mobile
- Huawei S7 Slim Android tablet and Ideos X3 Android smartphone coming at MWC
- Huawei Ideos X5 hands-on video at #MWC11
- Huawei Ideos X5 and X6 with Android Froyo officially announced (in Australia)
- Huawei Ideos X5, X2 and Ideos Chat bring more Android to India