T-Mobile Dell Streak 7 gets official, supports T-Mobile’s 4G
The Streak 7 is the first 4G tablet for both Dell and T-Mobile, though do take into account that T-Mobile insists on calling HSPA+ ‘4G’. That said, they have announced a plan to double the theoretical maximum throughput of their HSPA+ network to 42Mbps, from the current 21 Mbps.
The Dell Streak 7 will run Android 2.2 upon launch and has the following main features:
- 7″ WVGA capacitive touchscreen (800×480) with Gorilla Glass
- Dual-core 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- 16 GB of internal memory and microSD card slot
- HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- 5-megapixel camera with HD video recording and front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam
- Dell’s Stage UI is on board
- Preinstalled apps: Swype, Qik, T-Mobile TV, BrainPOP educational content, Zinio newsstand, Blockbuster, Kindle for Android, Let’s Golf demo, Slacker Radio and Zoodles
The Dell Streak 7 will become available in the coming weeks online and in stores from both T-Mobile and Dell.