Verizon has just had its CES press conference, where it has introduced everything it felt was important for this beginning of the year. Following the Droid Bionic, the Samsung 4G LTE phone, and the HTC Thunderbolt, it is LG Revolution’s turn.
The LG Revolution has amazingly only ever been leaked once, and that happened yesterday. This device is the first LTE-capable handset from LG, and, as expected this being Verizon, it’s an Android smartphone.
It runs Android 2.2 at launch, and the other important features of the Revolution are:
- 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi mobile hotspot for up to 8 devices
- DLNA, HDMI and DivX support
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 5-megapixel camera with flash and HD video recording capabilities, separate front-facing camera for video calls
- proximity sensor
- 16 GB internal memory expandable via microSD card slot (supports cards up to 32 GB in size)
You’ll notice in the above bullet points that any information on processor speed is missing, and that’s because Verizon simply hasn’t said anything about that. The rumor yesterday was that the Revolution was going to be Verizon’s version of the LG Optimus 2x or LG Optimus Black. But there are too many differences, from the camera to the screen size for that to be true, so this phone most likely is not powered by a dual-core Tegra 2 CPU. Also, had it had a Tegra 2 under the hood, Verizon probably would have heavily advertised that in its press release.
As with the HTC Thunderbolt, there sadly isn’t any info on when this device will become available or how much it will cost. But rest assured that we’ll let you know the second we find out.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon LG Revolution 4G LTE Android smartphone now only $99.99 at Wirefly
- Verizon’s LG Revolution officially launching tomorrow, $250 on contract
- LG Revolution 4G (for Verizon) and LG Optimus Black Android phones leaked
- Verizon’s LG Spectrum (Revolution 2) and T-Mobile’s Nokia Lumia 710 pictured
- LG Revolution promo materials show up in Verizon stores