Until then, Chinese website IT168 has managed to get a good look at the handset and, in consequence, it published a preview of it.
The first noticeable thing is the Xperia logo on the back and on the sliding gamepad (just like in the previously leaked photos), which means the phone might be officially called Sony Ericsson Xperia PlayStation.
Another interesting thing is the presence of a PlayStation Pocket app – which should provide access to games (and not only).
(the phone is obviously on the right in the above photo – on the left we have a white PSP Go)
From the info gathered until now, the Xperia PlayStation features a 4 inch screen with 854 x 480 pixels (like the Xperia Arc), Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 5MP camera with LED flash, microSD card support, 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip (at 1GHz). More details as we get them.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launching in India in late April?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to be released in the UK on March 31
- #MWC11: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play hands-on video
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play PSP phone previewed again
- #MWC11: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo hands-on video