It didn’t say when, and neither for what price, but it did mention that the handset will be sold unlocked – so there will be no carrier to offer it subsidized (well, not for the beginning, anyway).
The Dell Venue is the keyboardless version of the WP7-based Venue Pro. It runs Android 2.2 Froyo and features a 4.1 inch AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass, Wi-Fi, HSDPA, GPS, Dell Stage widgets, Flash 10.1, 8MP autofocus camera, MicroSD card support, and a 1GHz processor.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Venue with Android Froyo gets official in Korea
- Dell Venue Android-based smartphone now available in the US, unlocked, for both AT&T and T-Mobile
- Dell Venue Android 2.2 smartphone debuts in Hong Kong, global availability to follow
- Android-based Dell Venue launching in India next month?
- Leaked: Dell Thunder, Smoke, Flash and Looking Glass with Android