Last week, when Sony Ericsson officially unveiled the new Xperia Arc, the smartphone was running Android 2.3 Gingerbread. We even have proof of that, directly from CES 2011, where the Arc was announced.
However, there’s a photo showing the new Xperia running Android 2.4 (see it below). So what’s the deal with that?
Well, according to the official Sony Ericsson Product Blog, the “higher number than 2.3 seen in the display of Xperia Arc phones is due to a misconfiguration in some samples and nothing to get too excited about.” Since there aren’t any further details on this, I guess we should believe the statement.
The Sony Ericsson Product Blog also has a video showing the Arc’s two color versions – “misty silver” and “midnight blue”:
SE said the Xperia Arc would be available for purchase starting later this quarter. There’s no word on pricing, and neither on what carriers will offer the handset.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- SE Xperia X10 Mini and Mini Pro get new colors: gold and pink
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray coming soon to Three UK
- Red Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo exclusively launching at Vodafone UK soon
- Silver Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 leaked, looks good
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (Shakira) official photos leaked