The Dell Venue Pro, Dell’s first smartphone running Windows Phone 7, was at first supposed to become available in the UK in November. Needless to say, that didn’t happen. Furthermore, the device still isn’t available in the UK, even after it was said to be ready to buy on January 6.
And it looks like it won’t be for more than a month still. UK retailer Clove has put up a blog post explaining that their first stock of the Venue Pro is now delayed until ‘mid-February’. The culprit, according to them, is a Microsoft issue with the MMS settings.
Because of this software bug, those of you in the UK who have been eagerly waiting to purchase the Venue Pro, perhaps for its unique, vertical slider form-factor, still have some waiting to do.
Patience is indeed a virtue in the mobile world.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Venue Pro will finally be available in the UK in a few days
- Asus Eee Pad Slider and 3G Eee Pad Transformer will be available in the UK in August
- Dell to launch Venue Pro-like Android smartphone?
- Dell won’t release any Windows Phone Mango devices
- HTC 7 Pro with WP7 now available in the UK for £432