The handset might be the Samsung SCH-R910, which has just appeared in a photo over at BGR.
The R910 comes with CDMA and LTE connectivity, and seems to have most of the features the Galaxy S has, including TouchWiz UI, a 1GHz CPU, and a 5MP camera.
At the moment, the Samsung R910 runs Android 2.2, but it will likely be updated to 2.3 Gingerbread sometime later. Reportedly, MetroPCS will launch the handset this quarter, possibly for under $400 free of contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Forte 4G LTE Android smartphone for MetroPCS gets specced and pictured, may be the SCH-R910
- Samsung Admire SCH-R720 could be MetroPCS’ first Android Gingerbread phone
- Samsung Galaxy Lightray 4G with Android and Dyle TV available now at MetroPCS
- The world’s first LTE phone (Samsung Craft for MetroPCS) to be launched in September
- MetroPCS announces the Activa 4G, Huawei’s first LTE Android smartphone for the US