Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 Marketplace is still very young: it’s only three months old (it was launched in early October 2010, when the world’s first WP7 devices became available).
That’s why you can’t expect it to host a colossal number of applications just yet. However, the number of apps is constantly growing.
There were about 3,000 apps available at the end of November least year, and now it’s been reported that the Marketplace offers 6,000 apps – most of them (71%) being paid applications.
It seems that about 500 new apps appear in the Marketplace every week – so probably there will be more than 10,000 apps available by mid-March.
You can check out more Marketplace stats here at WP7applist.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft’s Windows Phone Marketplace now hosts more than 60,000 apps
- Windows Phone 7 Marketplace now has more than 9,000 apps
- Almost 3,000 Windows Phone 7 apps available now, 15,000 WP7 devs registered
- More details on Windows Mobile Marketplace’s Phase 2
- 30,000 apps available now in Android Market