The king (or queen) of the show at CES 2011, at least where smartphones were concerned, was undoubtedly the Motorola Atrix 4G, that’s headed to AT&T. And while we have been extensively made to drool seeing its specs, two details were missing from its unveiling, as they were from almost all CES smartphone announcements – pricing and the date of release.
While pricing will surely be around $199 with a new 2-year contract, as all high-end smartphones have been priced for a couple of years in the US, the release date is something that more people have been anxious to hear about, since a release very far from the announcement might make other more interesting phones show up on people’s radars in the mean time.
According to what is said to be a leaked internal AT&T document, that date will be March 1. The folks over at AndroidCentral, who have been the recipients of the leak, do mention that that’s a Tuesday, and AT&T has a tendency to only launch new devices on Sundays, so perhaps we should take this with a grain of salt.
Nevertheless, this is the very first mention of an actual shipping date for the Atrix, so even if it’s wrong, hopefully it’s so only by a bit and we’ve at least gotten the time frame for the release. We’ll know for sure in about seven and a half weeks – or before then, if AT&T decides to officially announce the date at some point.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Canada: HTC Sensation will cost $149.95 at Bell and Virgin Mobile
- Bell’s Motorola Atrix HD LTE and Razr V to be launched in early August
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt ships on March 17, pre-orders start tonight, simultaneous voice&data confirmed
- Confirmed: AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G will be available on February 22. Pre-orders ship a day earlier
- Verizon Motorola Droid Pro will launch on November 18, presale starts on November 9