It’s a 102 MB affair, that you have to get onto your computer, then connect your phone to your computer and start the update. Naturally, you should back everything on your phone up so you don’t lose any data.
There’s no exact information on what (if anything) is included in this update apart from the system-wide improvements generally brought by Froyo.
To get the update, go here, then click on Software (near Manuals), and select the 102 MB update, not the other one.
It’s certainly good to see some lesser known phones still getting updates to newer versions of Android. If only phone manufacturers did so for every single phone they’ve released over the past year, for example, people would be a lot less worried about Android fragmentation. And Android device owners would be much happier.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telus Motorola Milestone Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- UK: T-Mobile Motorola Defy Android 2.2 Froyo update finally available
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 Froyo update begins tomorrow, April 21
- Cellular South HTC Desire Android 2.2 Froyo update finally rolling out now