MetroPCS is prepping to launch at least one 4G LTE Samsung Android-powered smartphone, if not two. A couple of days ago we’ve seen the first shot of the Samsung SCH-R910, and naturally assumed that it would be the first such device in MetroPCS’ portfolio.
However, today the Samsung Forte for MetroPCS has leaked, and with nicer photos. By the looks of things, the SCH-R910 and the Forte may very well end up to be the exact same device. It’s common in the US for phones to get ‘brand names’ as they go on sale, and not be identified merely by their model number, so ‘Forte’ may be what the SCH-R910 will be called.
Alternatively, the Forte may be the second 4G LTE Android smartphone that MetroPCS will launch in the near future, in which case the R910 may just be identical, but sans the physical QWERTY keyboard of the Forte. We’ll see.
For now, this is what we know about the Samsung Forte: it will come with Android 2.2 Froyo (possibly upgradeable to Android 2.3 Gingerbread), a 1 GHz Hummingbird processor, a 5 MP camera, a microSD card slot, and Samsung’s TouchWiz UI.
The Samsung Forte should launch on February 11.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- MetroPCS’ Samsung R910 LTE smartphone hits the FCC, should be launched soon
- Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4G Android phone launched by MetroPCS
- LG MS910 Bryce leaks on its way to MetroPCS
- MetroPCS to launch 4G LTE Android phone in early 2011
- MetroPCS Huawei Ascend Android 2.2 Froyo update now available