BGR reports that the Storm 3 will be Research In Motion’s first smartphone to come with a WVGA touchscreen display (3.7 inches).
Other features include BlackBerry OS 6.1, HSPA, Wi-Fi b/g/n, 3G mobile hotspot, proximity sensor, accelerometer, magnetometer, 5MP camera with HD (720p) video recording, 512MB of RAM, 8GB on-board memory, a 1.2GHz processor, and MicroSD card support.
The BlackBerry Storm 3 should be available starting September this year, “in two or possibly three versions globally.” It might have a different name – two of the codenames for its global edition are currently Monaco and Monza – but that, of course, is not confirmed yet.
Anyone drooling over this new touchscreen Berry?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New BlackBerry Touch Monaco shows up in hands-on photos
- Verizon announces the BlackBerry Storm2 for October 28
- Verizon’s $199 BlackBerry Storm release scheduled for November 21st
- New BlackBerry Torch 9850, 9860 and 9810 officially announced
- Vodafone’s BlackBerry Storm2 9520 officially coming on October 26