Can you imagine a phone called “Optimus Black” that looks white, or even pink?
Regardless of the answer, LG’s recently-announced Android 2.2 smartphone will have optional, changeable back plates that let users customize its appearance – so, yes, we may actually see Optimus Black units in pink.
According to Pocket-lint, an LG official said that “one of the biggest complaints we have is that smartphones are too similar and too masculine.” Of course, that’s why the company decided to offer swappable back covers for the new Optimus.
One extra cover (of unspecified color) may be included in the handset’s retail box – and users who want even more covers will have to buy them.
The LG Optimus Black is currently the world’s thinnest smartphone, as well as the first to feature a Nova display – “the brightest, clearest and most readable among mobile screens with 700 nits of brightness for optimal visibility.” The handset will be available globally in the first half of the year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Black with Android (upgradeable to Gingerbread) announced
- LG Optimus 2X and Optimus Black officially coming to India
- White LG Optimus Black available for pre-order in the UK
- LG Optimus Black headed to T-Mobile UK
- LG Optimus Black officially headed to North America. Pink and white versions coming soon