Verizon LG Ally Upgrades to Android 2.2 Froyo
For every 20 times we bag on Android device manufacturers for taking forever to upgrade to the next version, there’s 1 time that they actually come through by providing us with that firmware upgrade. This is the one time out of the twenty, as Verizon has now announced the LG Ally is ready to receive the Android 2.2 update, also known as Froyo.
We definitely are grateful for any updates on Android devices, but we also have to say: after being released in May 2010, it’s about time.
In case the picture above is too small, here are the improvements coming in the new update:
- Remote device wipe and additional security measures on passwords
- Bluetooth voice dialing
- Long-pressing the home key will bring up most recent applications
- Instant data re-connection after voice call
- LG Social Application
- Updated contact directory complete with a combination of Google and corporate accounts
- Enhanced screen rotation up to 270 degrees
If you pack an Ally, be sure to keep an eye out for the update! If you are now suddenly interested in the LG Ally because it now has Froyo, you can get the LG Ally on Amazon for .01!