As of yesterday, we know for sure that Samsung will announce a new high-end Galaxy S Android smartphone at MWC 2011, on February 13.
Korean website Nocutnews has more info on the new handset, including a list of its specs (some of which being already known).
Reportedly, the Galaxy S2’s codename is Seine – but that will probably not have any impact on its final, official name.
As for the specs of the new Galaxy, here’s what we should expect:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus display with 800 x 480 pixels
- 8MP photo camera
- Full HD (1080) video recording
- 1GB RAM
- Dual core Samsung Orion processor
- Less than 9mm in thickness
Well, the new Galaxy S certainly seems to be better than the current model, so let’s wait for Samsung’s official announcement to come – then we’ll actually get to see the smartphone.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy S 2 Pictures Emerge in the Flesh, in Time for MWC
- Samsung Galaxy Note: 5.3 inch Super AMOLED HD screen, Android Gingerbread, S Pen technology
- Samsung Orion dual-core CPU announced. LG goes dual-core, too, with Nvidia Tegra 2 processors
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 photos and specs unveiled
- MWC 2012: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 hands-on