Google Cloud Print, a service initially announced back in April 2010, has just been launched for Android and iOS mobile devices.
With Cloud Print from Google you can open a document in Google Docs, or in mobile Gmail, and print it directly from your smartphone.
The service – currently in beta – is rolling out to phones supporting HTML5 starting today (of course, Android 2.1+ and iOS 3+ handsets are included here). Initially, Google Cloud Print for mobile will be available only in the US and only in English.
Of course, in order to use the service, you must not forget to connect your printer to Google Cloud Print first. More on how to use Google Cloud Print can be found here at Google.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Cloud for Android phones, PCs and TVs announced
- Google Instant for mobile available globally. Gmail for Android updated
- Google optimizes search results pages for iPhone and Android
- Mobile web Gmail (for iPhone, Android) now available in 44 languages
- Free Amazon Cloud Drive, Amazon Cloud Player for Android launched