Previously available at T-Mobile USA for $99.99 on contract, the Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S can now be yours for zero bucks (also on contract, of course).
What does this mean?
Well, apart from the obvious fact that you can get a pretty cool Android smartphone (upgradeable to 2.2 Froyo) for free, it may also mean that the launch date of the recently-confirmed Vibrant / Galaxy S 4G is really close.
Sure enough, T-Mobile has yet to announce when the Galaxy S 4G will be available for purchase. But now, seeing how the carrier’s trying to get rid of the old Vibrant, I don’t think it will be long until the new one arrives.
The Vibrant / Galaxy S 4G is better than the original Vibrant not only because it supports T-Mo’s HSPA+ network, but also because it has a front-facing camera. It remains to be seen how much it will cost.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile to launch the Samsung Vibrant 4G on February 23
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G will actually cost $199
- Samsung Vibrant 4G to hit T-Mobile with Android 2.2, front-facing camera
- T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant 4G apparently hits the FCC, might come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Samsung Galaxy S 4G Now on T-Mobile Shelves; Available for $129.99 on Amazon