If this turns out to be true, it will be pretty big news: HTC is reportedly getting ready to announce two Facebook-branded phones next month – obviously during MWC 2011, in Barcelona.
According to City AM, which learned about the HTC-Facebook collaboration from undisclosed sources, the two handsets should be high-end, bearing the “Facebook branding and colours”, and running a modified version of Android.
The features of the alleged HTC Facebook phones are not known yet, but it’s said that users will see “Facebook messages and news feed on the home screen.” Also, users should be “able to call or email friends from information stored on their Facebook page.”
Earlier this month, we’ve uncovered the INQ Cloud Touch – an upcoming Android handset that will have “Facebook built into its core”, although it won’t be Facebook-branded (not as far as we know, anyway).
Maybe Facebook will want to announce both HTC’s, and INQ’s handsets at MWC next month. We’ll certainly be there to let you know!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Facebook-centric INQ Cloud Touch and Cloud Q Android phones announced
- Facebook-branded HTC phones? They don’t exist, says Facebook official
- Two Facebook Android phones from INQ coming next year?
- Facebook cloud phone features detailed
- HTC Salsa and ChaCha on their way to Vodafone Australia