Angry Birds, one of the most successful mobile games of 2010, will have a new version in March.
Rovio has recently announced (via Twitter) that the new game will be called Angry Birds Rio – it’s developed in collaboration with 20th Century Fox and will feature characters from the upcoming animated movie Rio (bound to hit the theaters in April).
Rovio says that Angry Birds Rio is “like the original with a few new twists” and will come to “app stores everywhere in March” – we’re not sure if this includes Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 Marketplace, but it surely includes Apple’s App Store, Android Market, and Nokia’s Ovi Store.
For the beginning, the game will have 45 levels. Future updates will bring “more levels and a surprise or two.”
According to this tweet, “Angry Birds Rio will have a lot more detailed graphics, so lower performance devices might not work great.”
Until you get to play the new Angry Birds Rio on your iPhone / Android / Nokia smartphone, here’s the game’s official trailer:
And here’s a Rio movie trailer:
So, anyone dying to try the new Angry Birds?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Angry Birds Rio for Android will debut via Amazon Appstore
- Ads-free Angry Birds for Android to come next month
- Angry Birds Seasons updated with Easter Eggs (iOS, Android, Symbian, WebOS)
- Angry Birds Rio: 10 million downloads in 10 days (iOS, Android)
- Angry Birds Space for Windows Phone? They’re working on it