Sony Ericsson has announced that an update is in the process of rolling out to Xperia X10 owners.
For finally, after many months since its release, the Xperia X10 has received support for pinch to zoom. A feature that is usually found in other manufacturers’ Android devices, this has been strangely missing from the X10 until now. This of course will do little to make the X10 owners’ anger at not ever getting updated to a newer version of Android go away, but it’s still a neat feature to have.
The update can be done via PC, but, in most markets, it will arrive over-the-air – your phone will inform you that an update is available, and you go from there.
An update is also going to be rolling out, in about a week, to the Xperia X10 Mini and Mini Pro and the X8. However, sadly, these devices will only benefit from bug fixes and performance enhancements, and won’t be getting the pinch to zoom functionality.
All updates will be staggered, meaning that they may not reach you immediately after the rollout has begun.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Android 2.3.4 update now available
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 will get Android 2.1 this year
- Android 2.1 update for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 range delayed until October
- Confirmed: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will not get updated to Android 2.2 Froyo
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will get Android 2.3 Gingerbread in August