When considering Android smartphone form factors, what usually comes to mind first (and second, and third) is the touchscreen slab/slate device, as popularized by the iPhone and subsequently copied by all manufacturers. Here and there you see an Android device with a side-sliding physical QWERTY keyboard and that’s about it in terms of differentiation. Usually.
For there’s also the Verizon Motorola Droid Pro. A QWERTY candybar having a touchscreen above the keyboard and running Android. Until now, a rather unique device with a rather unique form factor.
Well, it looks like Sprint wants in on that hot QWERTY candybar+Android action too, for Samsung looks ready to unveil a device for Sprint having that exact form factor. PocketNow have received some very blurry pictures of it, and…that’s it. Well, it’s clear that it runs Android. And the screen may have HVGA resolution (which in the Android world usually means 480×320).
There’s no more info about this device out yet. However, more leaks will surely follow if this handset is headed to Sprint soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Express is an Android-powered QWERTY candybar, out on November 18 for $19.99
- New Android-powered Motorola portrait QWERTY on the way to Sprint
- New Nokia E6 image leaks, shows new Symbian with 4 homescreens
- Express from Sprint now available for $19.99, it’s a QWERTY candybar and runs Android
- Motorola MOTOSPLIT Shown Off, Coming to AT&T in Q3?