Yesterday, News Corp launched The Daily, presented as “the industry’s first national daily news publication created from the ground up for iPad.” While this may not be such a big piece of news for Apple fans, what happened there without being announced most probably is.
According to Reuters, “what appeared to be a working model of the next iPad with a front-facing camera” was shown by Apple at the News Corp press conference.
Unfortunately, no one has managed to snap any photos of the alleged new iPad (the one seen below is just the current model).
Other novelties that the new iPad should bring (except for the front-facing camera) include a retina display, rear camera, and 3-axys gyroscope. The new iPad may also have a CDMA version for Verizon – which, by the way, now takes pre-orders for its iPhone.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple’s iPad 3 and its 8MP camera pictured?
- Apple’s next tablet to be called iPad HD, not iPad 3?
- Rumor: iPad 2 commercials already shot by Apple
- iPad 2 to be followed by iPad 3 later this year?
- iPhone OS-based Apple iPad (tablet) officially announced, prices start at $500 (video)