Announced last week at the same time with the Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Gio and Galaxy Fit, the Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 has a different name for India, where it’s called Galaxy Pop (and yes, this does bring in mind the LG Pop GD510).
Online retailer Flipkart lets Indian users pre-order the Galaxy Pop / Mini for 8,999 INR ($198) – a price comparable to the price of the LG Optimus One, another affordable Android 2.2 smartphone (the Optimus One has a HVGA screen, while the new Galaxy’s display is QVGA, so LG’s smartphone might be a better choice).
Reportedly, the Galaxy Pop will be available in India sometime next week.
India aside, the Galaxy Mini will also be launched in Europe and China, probably starting this month. Samsung will likely sell lots of Galaxy Minis – I’m thinking there will be at least 1 million units shipped to customers.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android for the masses: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, Gio S5660, Fit S5670 and Mini S5570 announced
- LG Optimus Hub launched in India
- Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Pop SCH-I559 CDMA launching in India soon
- LG Optimus One headed to India, Orange UK
- HTC’s One series, Samsung Galaxy Beam, and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to be launched in India in April