Motorola Xoom and HTC Thunderbolt, two of Verizon’s upcoming Android devices, will both be available for purchase starting this month. We kind of knew that already, of course, but now Best Buy has confirmed the exact launch dates.
The confirmation came via Facebook, in an update removed by Best Buy folks shortly after it was posted.
According to said update, the Motorola Xoom should be available starting February 24 (not February 17, as previously believed), while the HTC Thunderbolt is bound to hit the shelves ten days earlier, on February 14.
In case you haven’t heard yet, the HTC Thunderbolt (running Android 2.2 Froyo) will be Verizon’s first 4G / LTE smartphone.
The Xoom tablet (running Android 3.0 Honeycomb) will also support LTE, but not from day one.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Xoom 4G LTE upgrade will happen in September
- Verizon’s Motorola Xoom won’t have MotoBlur, could land at BestBuy on February 17
- Verizon confirms Motorola Xoom launch date, pricing: 24 February, $599.99 on contract
- Android 3.2 may become available for the Motorola Xoom in a few days
- Verizon Motorola Xoom 4G LTE upgrade now available