Looking with envy at the US-bound T-Mobile G-Slate and wonder whether or not we’ll ever see it in the rest of the world?
Worry no more. LG has now confirmed that it would launch the LG Optimus Pad at MWC 2011 in Barcelona.
Although LG didn’t specifically say so, the Optimus Pad likely has most of the features the G-Slate will come with, including:
- a 8.9 inch, 3D-capable multi-touch display with1280 x 768 pixels
- front-facing camera for video-calling
- 5MP rear camera with dual LED flash
- dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor
- 32GB of internal memory
Together with the Optimus Pad confirmation, LG has finally mentioned the G-Slate’s battery size. It’s a 6400 mAh battery.
The G-Slate (pictured above) will be available at T-Mobile USA starting March. Most probably, the Optimus Pad will be launched around the world shortly after.
We’ll be at MWC in Barcelona starting February 13 to see the Optimus Pad live.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile G-Slate official launch date announced: April 20
- LG Optimus 4X HD will be launched in Canada in October (via Wind and Videotron)
- LG Optimus 2X on pre-order in the UK, £499.99 unlocked
- Quad-core LG Optimus 4X HD with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich announced
- LG Optimus Pad will launch in Japan first, on March 31