Sony Ericsson has officially acknowledged the existence of the Xperia Play Android smartphone, as well the fact that the handset would be unveiled at MWC 2011, on February 13.
Sony Ericsson’s Facebook page presents the Xperia Play as being PlayStation certified – so, yes, we could say this is the PSP phone that many have been waiting for.
Just like the Xperia Arc (unveiled at CES 2011 last month), the Xperia Play will come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I assume Sony Ericsson wants to sell it in all major markets around the world (the US included) – if that’s the case, and if the price won’t bee too high, the company may really have a winner here.
Alongside the Xperia Play, Sony Ericsson will probably also announce the Xperia Neo at MWC – but the latter handset will likely generate less interest than the PSP phone. We’ll bring more official details directly from MWC on February 13.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play headed to Rogers in Canada?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo previewed in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo to join the Xperia Arc and Xperia Play this year
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets price cut to £390 in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play now just £149.99 on O2 Pay & Go