Officially confirmed by Sony Ericsson yesterday, the Xperia Play PSP phone will be released by lots of mobile operators around the world (including O2, Vodafone, Orange and T-Mobile in the UK).
One of the North American operators to stock the new Android 2.3 handset seems to be Rogers, which, according to MobileSyrup, may be the exclusive Xperia Play carrier in Canada.
Rogers’ official website doesn’t hint at a possible launch yet, but SE Canada’s website already shows the Xperia Play as coming soon. Sony Ericsson Canada’s Facebook page even allows you to win one of 10 Xperia Play smartphones – full details here.
Sony Ericsson will showcase the Xperia Play at MWC later this week, on February 13. We’ll be there to see if the smartphone is a gamechanger (as SE wants us to believe) or not.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo headed to Canada
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc will be available from Rogers in Canada on April 28
- SE plans to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich to its 2011 Xperia lineup
- PlayStation certified Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets official on Facebook
- Canada: Rogers Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc now on pre-order at Best Buy