One of the carrier’s upcoming high-end handsets might be the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play – the world’s first PlayStation certified smartphone.
Wirefly compares the Xperia Play to the iPhone, and implies that the carrier which will sell the new SE product in the US is none other than Verizon.
Of course, Verizon has not announced anything related to the Xperia Play yet, but maybe we’ll find out more about this at MWC 2011, where Sony Ericsson will officially present the smartphone.
If launched by Verizon soon, the Xperia Play could become its first Android 2.3 handset (and, obviously, also the first to feature a sliding gamepad).
Via Phone Arena
Enter to win our weekly contest on Facebook!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play commercial emerges, makes sense if you’re a gamer
- PlayStation certified Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets official on Facebook
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play headed to Rogers in Canada?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Play getting Android 2.3.3 upgrade next week?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo will be called Kyno in France