It’s incredibly weird to see so much happening in the mobile world at this time early on a Sunday morning, but something tells me the news won’t stop coming at such a mad pace until the end of MWC 2011 on Thursday. PhoneArena has uncovered some early pictures of the Motorola DROID X2, codenamed Daytona.
According to the source, the sequel will have the same style as the original but gets improvements in a 4.3″ qHD display and a 1 GHz Tegra 2 dual-core CPU. It will still have the same camera. As we can tell from the pics, the phone looks quite similar to the original X but it does appear to have a different UI.We don’t know which version of Android it will have nor when we can expect this to come out. All we know is that it should be coming out later this year. If it follows the same pattern as the original DROID X, we could likely see the sequel coming out on Verizon Wireless in the summer.
And then there’s the DROID 3, which is still a huge unknown as of this moment, that had a couple minor details leak: it’s going to have a better keyboard as well as a Tegra 2 CPU (probably the same as the DROID X2 and Bionic). But don’t worry, we imagine this is just the beginning of the flood of leaks we will see come out about the DROID 3 in coming months.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid X2 (Daytona) will have dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 960×540 touchscreen
- LG Revolution priced at $249, Motorola Droid X2 at $199?
- Some more pics of Verizon’s Motorola Droid X2 leak, it still looks exactly like its predecessor
- Rumor: Verizon’s Motorola “Droid T2″ to be the world’s first Android Gingerbread phone
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid X2, Droid 3, and Targa appear in new photos