On Friday, February 11th Nokia shocked the mobile industry announcing that is making Microsoft’s Windows Phone it’s primary smartphone platform.
It’s huge risk and leap of faith for Nokia, but maybe there was no other way. We’ll see what will come of this alliance in the next couple of years.
The first Nokia WP7 concepts looks pretty nice, now let’s wait for the products.
Today Nokia is doing a press briefing, a we’ll do a liveblog from it. Your questions and comments are welcome.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia, Microsoft to announce alliance tomorrow, possibly related to MS Office
- E Ink concept makes the cellphone quite remarkable
- Nokia and New Alliance form new joint venture in China
- Nokia’s wireless modem business sold to Renesas for $200 million
- New Windows Phone features – IE9, Twitter, Multi-tasking, Kinect integration. Demo video #MWC11