Earlier we reported on official pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S 2 leaking out in addition to more details on the 10.1″ Galaxy Tab 2 ahead of Sunday’s much-anticipated Samsung press conference. Now we are pleased to report that we have received even more images of both devices, in the flesh, being held by actual Samsung reps at the company’s booth in Barcelona. This is as “official” as you can get before the conference begins, folks, so let’s dive in to both the pics and the details:
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 will feature a 10.1″ 1280 x 800 display, Honeycomb (Android 3.0), dual surround sound speakers, 8 MP camera with full HD video. Judging by the pictures it’s safe to assume there will be a front-facing camera as well.
Also, the Galaxy S 2 will have 1 GHz dual-core (Orion?) processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 4.3″ Super AMOLED display, HSPA+, Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed, come in at an incredible 8.49 mm thickness and weigh 4.09 ounces. Samsung Hub also reports the Galaxy S 2 will include 8 MP camera with full HD video record (we assume this means 1080p), a Games Hub, Social Hub, Music Hub, and Readers Hub, and even be available in storage options of 16 and 32 GB. Not too shabby for the next-gen Galaxy S phone.
My question is: will you miss the 7″ display that the original Tab had, or do you welcome the Tab 2 competing against the likes of the Motorola Xoom, T-Mobile G-Slate and HP TouchPad? I can’t wait to see the battle ensue.
via Samsung Hub
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Samsung Galaxy S III possibly showcased in video
- Samsung Galaxy Q specs apparently show up: Froyo, 720 x 480 Super AMOLED screen, 1GHz processor
- Samsung Galaxy Note: 5.3 inch Super AMOLED HD screen, Android Gingerbread, S Pen technology
- Samsung Galaxy S II photo leaked; more details on the Galaxy Tab II
- Samsung Acme i8910 runs on Symbian S60 5th Edition, records HD at 720p, dies within 40 mins