If HTC were only announcing the Desire 2 and Wildfire 2 tomorrow, we’d think that they were a bit overconfident in their “we’ve got big things coming at MWC” talk. So we’re glad to hear that HTC has a couple other secrets lined up for us, as Pocketnow has confirmed that they have not one, but TWO Facebook phones ready to see the light of day here at MWC 2011.
By calling these phones “Facebook phones”, ultimately this means they are Android handsets complete with dedicated Facebook buttons, have always-on GPS radios, and the phones’ cameras will upload images directly to Facebook.
We have a couple press shots (renders) for you below:
Neither Facebook phone has any specs listed yet, though we are curious as to why the first phone shows Sense UI up and running while the second one only has the HTC logo. What secrets could the phone be hiding, we wonder?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Facebook’s own phone to be made by ex-Apple employees, should be out “by next year”
- Sony Ericsson C510- “World’s First” (?!) Facebook phone. SE-Facebook cooperation announcement on Sunday
- New HTC-made Facebook Android phone coming later this year?
- Facebook for Windows Mobile officially launched
- Get your social networking fix easy with Facebook for Palm