As we’ve already reported, HTC has announced a new Desire smartphone that runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread at MWC 2011: the HTC Desire S.
But if you’re one of the many users who own an older Desire, you’re probably wondering when the new version of Android will be available to your handset.
Since the new Desire will likely be released in May or June, software updates for the older Desire models are still several months away.
Reportedly, the Desire HD and Desire Z are the first to get Android 2.3, while those who have the original Desire (launched about one year ago) will have to wait a bit longer.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire, Desire HD, Desire Z, and Incredible S will get Android Gingerbread in Q2
- New HTC Desire P and Desire Q Android handsets coming soon
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade for HTC Desire Z coming “before the end of June”
- UK: HTC Desire Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be rolling out this month
- HTC Desire HD to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich starting this month?