There’s not a lot of confirmed information here, but a leaked memo to customer care representatives appears to reveal a new updated launch day for the Motorola ATRIX 4G. Even though pre-orders are currently taking place, the anticipated launch date wasn’t supposed to be until March 6, but the memo indicates this has changed and the ATRIX will be available starting Feb 22, a full 2 weeks ahead of schedule.
This could simply be a rumor or a made-up memo. Or, even if true, it could just mean that customers who pre-order will get on Feb 22 before the rest of the general public gets a chance to buy it on March 6. But that does seem like a rather huge gap of time between pre-orders and public purchase.
Or, it could be true and Motorola is trying to bump up the date in order to better compete with the HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Galaxy S 4G and Inspire 4G all launching roughly around the same time (though Inspire 4G is already available on AT&T).
Pricewise, there are no changes: continue expecting the $199 price point before throwing in any of the additional accessories like laptop dock to make the total $499.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T’s Motorola Atrix 4G launching next month at Best Buy?
- Confirmed: AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G will be available on February 22. Pre-orders ship a day earlier
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G ships on March 6, will cost $199.99, laptop dock $499.99
- AT&T intros HTC Inspire 4G and dual-core Motorola Atrix 4G
- Samsung Infuse 4G passes the FCC, AT&T could launch it soon